Tuesday, April 14, 2009

12 ---- My 10 Best Things in London

I would like to share these with you, before I forget. They are (not in order):

1. Travelling by Eurostar - the 7 hours went by SO quickly and I’m still not convinced we went through the tunnel (when?!)
2. Our guides - in particular, Peter with his incredible knowledge and amusing anecdotes
3. Billy Elliot - one of the best live shows I have seen and it definitely was not in Playback!
4. Visiting the Mayor of Oxford in the Oxford Town Hall
5. Visiting Lille with my friend Philippe
6. Discovering the Docklands, a part of London I did not know before
7. Discovering 45 UIAD students I did not know before - a real pleasure!
8. The Pubs and their extraordinary names - my favourite is HUNG, DRAWN and QUARTERED.
9. Matisse, Picasso, Miro, Giacometti, Kandinsky, etc etc....... at the Tate Modern
10. The weather - no rain!

What were YOUR Best Things in London?


Melanie